Tuesday 28 August 2012

NYC Central Park Proposal...

Late Sunday afternoon, myself, Maneesh, and Maneesh’s cousin Mandip were having dinner down by Broadway. I’m not sure exactly how the conversation arose, however we started to talk about weddings… me being the hopeless romantic made a comment about how it would be so romantic to be proposed to in NYC Central Park – Maneesh being the opportunist said lets do it – Me having the spontaneous “I’ll try anything” attitude, I handed Maneesh my diamond ring that has often been used as an “I’m engaged – back off buddy” ring ;o).
We headed over to Central Park, near where Maneesh lived. I sat in front of the Columbus Circle fountain and he stood in front of me. Mandip stood in the background with the camera ready… next thing I knew Maneesh was on one knee with the words following, “Fiona, I have something to ask you”… I have never felt so excited and nervous over a created fantasy. What I loved most about this experience was the intimate interaction it gave others around us. Of course we received applauses from viewers and many smiles – to which made it worth the tiny white lie. I hope that these people continued the joy by them telling others of their experience in Central Park on that quiet Sunday evening. Maybe I should make this my travel thing! I could see how many posed proposals I can achieve – one in each country visited? Maybe spice up the drama with the odd out burst refusal?... OR maybe next time it will be the real thing (hmm… words from the wishful thinking hopeless romantic)…

P.S. For those whom wished me a happy engagement on Facebook (many thanks), and questioned who the mystery man was - sorry to disappoint...

No comments:

Post a Comment