Tuesday 28 August 2012

Networking the Neighbourhood of Downtown NYC

Whilst in the city I wanted to meet locals, so what better way could I do this than use my 2 familiar understandings; Couchsurfing meeting events and a Marketing Networking event. I met a few Couchsurfers in NY however what interested me was 
On August the 10th I was invited to a networking marketing event at a bar called The Liberty. With key speakers and attendees in the industry, I felt at home. 
The photo to your right is myself, Maneesh, and a lady I met called Coral. Coral is the founder of an online NY magazine called The H Style. She was explaining to me it's an online magazine to provide health benefits that incorporate fashion - the launch is TBC, however I look forward to this and wish her all the best. We seemed to share similar opinions and interests. She was a very positive and bright women, originally from the Dominican Republic...
After the event had finished, a few of us then ventured to another bar to continue our discussions at The Cafeteria. I really liked The Cafeteria - it had an interesting alternative vibe to it... Serving of exceptional American comfort food (here I tried my FIRST meat loaf... shared with companion, Prescott), with a contemporary twist (I do remember the amazing cocktails). It had a very electric, modern, yet intimate ambiance. The perfect place for us to gather, to top it off it had a 24hr opening and was located in the heart of Chelsea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment