Thursday 3 January 2013

Playa Del Carmen, México


2 hours later from Chichen Itza we made it to Playa Del Carmen. Immediately I felt like I had hit paradise - the blue bright waters, tanned bodies, and parties all night long! I do believe that Playa Del Carmen was my first sea beach I had seen on my trip (Ontario Lake doesn’t quite meet the criteria)! There’s not much to explain here apart from by day we sun bathed the stress away, and by night we partied the night away. Even though I talk about Playa Del Carmen in it’s glory, don’t be too fooled, it reminded me a lot of Ibiza or one of the Canary Islands – not exactly a Méxican vibe.
If you ever plan to visit Playa Del Carmen I urge you to dine at a yummy potato bar we found, Skinny Bikini Potatoes. You’d think a potato bar wasn’t much to write home about, however these potatoes were amazing... They have a random selection on their menu of fillings and some nights they have a DJ street party… make sure you tip though, they got pretty rude the time we forgot!

Our last night of our GAP Adventure tour was emotional. We all went for a beach front dinner at the Fusion Playa DelCarmen restaurant. I really liked it at this restaurant, nice food and perfect fire light setting on the beach. We all said our goodbyes and thanked our wonderful tour guide, Ivan. Ivan had been our tour guide from the very beginning and I’m so pleased he was. He was lovely. On our last night Ivan laid 6 wrapped newspaper parcels and said to each take one each. Inside these parcels were a painted shaped piece of tin from his home town, Oaxaca. Mine was a pink and purple butterfly J so sweet, and I thank Ivan for an interesting tour – the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment